Super mild spoilers from the TCA panel ahead
- Is NOT part of the Abramsverse, but treats other Trek shows, incl Enterprise, as canon (hardcore nerds, ign has a great rundown of Discovery's take on canon/non-canon here)
- Bryan Fuller's vision for the reimagined Klingons were that they be "sexy" and the "aesthetes" of the universe. There were "deep discussions" about their biology (nnnn)
- Exec producer Akiva Goldsman says it's "the most serialized" Trek yet, even moreso than DS9
- Utopian Trek is the end game for Star Trek: Discovery, not the reality. Goldsman: "Part of what we tried to do is speak to how those philosophical mindsets came to be. We're trying to find out who we are as a federation and as a coalition of people in the face of adversity."
- Promises to be nuanced in the treatment of the different races - Klingon actress Mary Chieffo says "no-one is the bad guy". Vulcan actor James Frain says "it's been interesting looking at the human world through those eyes. Humans are barbaric and not to be trusted because they start wars and kill people. Vulcans don't do that anymore."
New key art revealed, new photo of L'Rell, Sonequa and the gang at TCA
Cannot get the Getty embeds to work today but there's a gallery from TCA up at JJ. Sonequa Martin-Green, Jason Isaacs, James Frain and Mary Chieffo represented the cast.
Star Trek: Discovery premiere in the US
September 24 at 8:30 PM ET on CBS. Immediately following the first episode’s release, the second episode will be available in the U.S. on CBS All Access, with subsequent episodes released on Sundays. The first eight episodes will run from September 24 through November 5, with the series returning in January 2018.
Star Trek: Discovery premiere in Canada (thanks vibeology_e )
September 24 on CTV & Space simultaneously, with two episodes following immediately on Space only.
Star Trek: Discovery premiere in the rest of the world
September 24 on Netflix. The subsequent episodes will be made available on Netflix at the same time as in the US, ie weekly.
Article sources: 1, 2, 3, 4
Photo sources: 1, 2, 3