- 31.4% of speaking characters were female (No gender or orientation breakdowns re: that)
- 2.7% of characters had disabilities.
- Male gay characters' in speaking roles went from 19 in 2015 to 36 in 2016.
- 70.8% of speaking roles were white in 2016. There was also an uptick in underrepresented racial or ethnic groups in animation, but that was attributable to just two films, “Moana” and “Kubo and the Two Strings.”
- Not including 2011 for some reason, only 34 unique female directors released films between 2007 and 2016.
For an industry that talks a lot of smack about being 'progressive' and better than 'the other guy', this is completely unsurprising.