Holy shit. pic.twitter.com/vNEIfHTmNU— Justin Roiland (@JustinRoiland) July 30, 2017
- Ever since the first episode of season 3 aired back in April, Rick wanting his szechuan sauce back when McDonald's was promoting Mulan in 1998 has become a huge meme across the interent with everyone demanding that McDonald's bring back the szechuan sauce.
- Rick wanting the szechuan sauce came from Justin Roiland's personal story of absolutely loving it 19 years ago.
- In response to all the demand, McDonald's sent Justin Roiland a package from 'Dimension C-1998M' with 64 oz of the famous szechuan sauce explaining that they had to find it in a dimension were it is permanently 1998 and time never passes.
- McDonald's wanted to get him more of the sauce but were afraid to leave the portal open in fear of the potential leakage of "puka shells, bucket hats and boy bands as far as the eye could see"
- They also teased that "A few lucky fans will also get to experience the glory" of the szechuan sauce.
- Episode two of season 3 will air tonight on Adult Swim.
SOURCE + text by me
Would you want to stay in 1998 forever?