Former BET Executive Cites ‘Reckless and Inhumane’ Treatment in Wrongful Termination Lawsuit https://t.co/cMzGAKEw4m— Variety (@Variety) May 4, 2017
Zola Mashariki, the former exec VP and head of original programming :
* was fired while on medical leave for breast cancer.
* has filed a wrongful termination lawsuit against the Viacom cabler.
* was subjected to harassment and discriminatory treatment at the hands of her supervisor.
* accused BET of “egregiously reckless and inhumane” treatment in her dismissal.
* cites gender discrimination in alleging that she earned a lower salary than similarly situated male executives.
* accused BET executives of “questioning the validity of her illness.”
* Viacom denies Mashariki’s allegations and has vowed to contest the suit.