Adele ('Rumor Has It')
• He wasn't down to write any ballads, so they did something tempo
• Adele sang the entire song in one take
Taylor Swift ('Welcome to New York' & 'I know Places')
• Describes her as "goes beyond talented"
• She sent him voice memos of her on the piano, communicating how she's hearing a song
• "With Taylor, you function more as an editor. She has a million ideas, and you're more like, 'this one, not that one', because she's so good."
• Says, for Taylor, you're more producing than writing songs, "she can write everything by herself."
• Says she's one of the best new up-and-coming artists
• Didn't have crazy expectations, since, "[on girl groups] you don't know what to expect; it's like, you're one fourth or fifth of a girl group, I have no idea how talented you are. And [Fifth Harmony] was manufactured."
• Says Camila is a phenomenal lyricist who wants her music to have a nod to her Cuban origin
• "Sweetheart, amazing, the nicest," also says she is "so calm and confident"
• She knows what she wants, "if she doesn't believe it, or feel it, she's not singing it. She's not keeping it."
• Can't predict what will make her album, but is ecstatic about the tracks they worked on
• She will have a different sound
• Doesn't want to go into much detail, but says they "did a very, very heartfelt, goosebumpy mid-tempo."