The Oscars just enacted an "OJ rule," no more multi-part documentaries. https://t.co/6JcU2Tum9v— Matthew Belloni (@THRMattBelloni) April 7, 2017
- Multi part documentaries / "limited series" are not eligible for nomination
- Animated nominees will not come from just groups affiliated with animation, but a new committe that anyone within The Academy is allowed to join.
- The final five animated nominees will now use the preferential voting method
- For best picture, two producers can now count as one if they are part of an established partnership
- Trying to stop the mad campaigning: "Prior to nominations, Academy members may not be invited to attend any lunch, dinner or other catered affair that promotes an eligible film for awards consideration that is not associated with a screening.
tweet | source