The Olsens were sued by Shahista Lalani, whom worked as an intern at The Row in 2012, for 5 months;
- worked 50 hours a week performing the same duties as paid employees, but for free
- "very demanding" job with "mean" superiors
- was once hospitalized for dehydration; “carried like 50 pounds worth of trench coats,” and “it was like 100 degrees outside.”
- a total of 185 former interns were part of a class action against the Olsen's parent company 'Dualstar Entertainment'
- the twins agreed to pay out $530 to each of the 185 former interns
- the twins will also cover an additional $41,950 for the opposing side’s legal fees
- the settlement will come to a total of $140,000 from the Olsens, which Dualstar does not oppose