@fkatwigs: what is this flesh? what does it mean? we must dig inside for our new face... the teacher, shaman and truth @sagazan. ROOMS, final happening tonight.
@fkatwigs: excited to tell you about my ROOMS project at the widow series...it's the story of diamas on a journey through the zodiac chart, in search of her spiritual and zodiac home.
the scorpio room
@fkatwigs: Diamas in self discovery.
FKA twigs arrival at The Veuve Clicquot Widow Series ‘ROOMS' (Oct. 26) pic.twitter.com/06XnGWNjLn— FKA twigs Updates (@twigsupdates) October 27, 2016
More from her interview with the London Evening Standard:
- When asked who she admired growing up: "Nobody."
- If she had any posters on her walls during her youth: "I've never done anything like that. I think it's weird."
- When asked if she was inspired by anyone at all, she responds: "No. People always ask me that and I can reel off names, but none are true." The interviewer then asks if she was inspired by early Gaga: "Not really."
- About her musical influences growing up: "I was aware of Prince and David Bowie, yeah, but I grew up in a house where I listened to acid jazz from when I was like, five, and Latin. So I never appreciated someone like Prince as boundary-pushing because for me, I was like, "This is natural." I bought his album and thought, "Yeah, course he'd be doing this." But when I first discovered him it wasn't like,"This person is so different", because that is what I was brought up with."
- When asked about Robert Pattinson: "Good luck with that," she laughs. "No questions. No chance. I'm not getting involved."
- About if she's ever thought of acting: "Imagine if I was a doctor at uni, would you say: "So when you become a doctor, do you think you'd want to do heart surgery?" If I was a carpenter: "In a year, do you think you might make a table?" "Yeah, of course. I'm a woodworker, of course I've thought of making a table." Ha ha ha."
- About if she smokes weed: "Who do you think I am? No not really."
- About her dream of becoming a ballet dancer: "I was told point blank that no matter how hard I tried, no matter what I did, I couldn't be a ballet dancer. Because I'm half Jamaican, I have certain things in my body which aren't technically good for ballet in the old tradition. Like my pelvis tilts back. I don't have arches in my feet. My legs don't fully extend." When the interviewer asks if she thinks black dancers are discriminated against for their shape, Twigs answers: "You'll have to do your own research."
- Her attitude to friendship: "I don't have rows. I just stop talking to people." Since becoming famous, she's lost quite a few friends. "Fame has revealed other people's true colours. Some people are not around you for the right reason."
- If she thinks in images: "I don't know, do you?"
At the end, Twigs says she doesn't really like doing interviews. "People should only interview me if they want to know about my creative stuff."
sources 1 2 3 4