Jennifer Hawkins maintains she has respect for Donald Trump in spite of controversial video footage https://t.co/AiytgTgoPr— The Age (@theage) October 29, 2016
- Trump was at a Sydney event in 2011 and was pissy about Jen Hawkins supposedly turning down the gig of introducing him
- He calls Hawkins on stage and she tries to defend herself, saying that it was too late notice, there was a "miscommunication"
- She also apologises
- Trump says he was going to insult Hawkins on-stage as payback, call her "not very bright" even if that wasn't true
- Notes that she still came tonight, makes a sexual innuendo
- Then leans in for a kiss, Hawkins turns her head just in time
- years later, footage is uncovered by HuffPo
- Hawkins is then asked about it at Spring Racing, says that Trump and his family have always treated her with respect
- Doesn't want to get involved in the politics of it all; doesn't agree with everything but also doesn't want to make "negative comments"
- Says she doesn't want drama in her life, because she's too busy selling her house for all that
The article headline at the source still calls the video 'awkward' smh