iiswhoiis please read and share. http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/10/26/magazine/100000004726893.mobile.html
- Kesha sued Dr. Luke for drugging, raping, and emotionally abusing her, and asked to be released from her contract
- Dr. Luke countersued for breach of contract and defamation
- a judge in New York denied her request for an injunction on her recording contract
- "the same judge said Kesha’s claims weren’t detailed enough to consider and that the statute of limitations had long since passed on her allegations of rape"
- Kesha has inspired her fans to continue on despite their own trauma and abuse
- Kesha says people don't really understand her situation right now - they think that since she's touring and singing, that she must have won her case, although that is far from the truth
- She has 22 new songs, recorded at her own expense, that she cannot release
- Discusses the huge difference in her demeanor between several years ago and now - she's more subdued, restrained
- Briefly touches on rape culture, Bill Cosby, Roger Ailes, Donald Trump
- "Until she can release music, Kesha has very limited means of income, with litigation that has gone on since 2014 and that costs at least $100,000 per month - a conservative estimate"
iiswhoiis thank you to the New York Times for shedding light on my life and legal situation. there's nothing harder than dreaming and working and fighting for something your whole entire life, since you were 3 years old, since you could speak. and you FINALLY achieve it. and then have someone else take it away from you. my heart has a giant hole in it and is literally aching and throbbing from sadness and loss. imagine someone owning your voice... and not letting you sing. singing is how I have dealt with everything in my life. and my right has been taken away.
NYT | Kesha's Insta: 1, 2
You should all read the article. It's really good.