All love Tampa https://t.co/KvYGJeR7uz— Amy Schumer (@amyschumer) October 17, 2016
- At least 10,000 fans turned out to see Amy Schumer at Tampa's Amalie Arena on Sunday. Only a handful of comedians have ever headlined the arena, and Amy Schumer was the first woman to do so.
- About halfway through the show, Schumer veered into political topics, including gun control and the presidential election. A small but vocal minority started booing her.
- Schumer made it clear she doesn't understand how people can support Trump. She asked for a Trump supporter to join her up on stage to explain their enthusiasm for Trump. One guy did and explained that he doesn't trust Clinton but believes Trump will keep them safe.
- Schumer said that the past week had been really triggering for her and asked anyone who has been a victim of sexual assault to stand up.
- When Schumer mocked Donald Trump as, among other things, an "orange, sexual-assaulting, fake- college-starting monster", about 200 people walked out of the comedy show.
Source: 1 2 3
200 people walking out isn't too bad.