Weeks ago, these two showed their asses in their Billboard cover story. Unfortunately, no one gave the duo them the memo that the interview made them out to be insufferable, so we got a new one today courtesy of Rolling Stone. Here are some highlights:
- They hung out with Calvin Harris & "brain-raped him," as Pall puts it, "asking him all these questions."
- Don't mind if you call them bros: "We’re two white guys that like to be friendly, we make stupid jokes and like funny movies, and we like to party - but so does everybody."
- Pall spent his childhood in Upper East Side, where his dad was a fine-art dealer. Later, he attended a private school ‘for fuck-ups’ in Westchester where he enjoyed "smoking weed and eating shrooms."
- They envy acts with fully realized aesthetics: Twenty One Pilots, Stromae, Die Antwoord. When asked what they think about Lady Gaga's single Perfect Illusion, "It sucks," Pall says. Taggart replies, "She's a great artist – like, Jeff Koons made a sculpture of her." Paul says, "I agree... And a lot of talented people worked on that song. But..."
- The two got into a bloody, tequila-driven fight in Mexico after a night out at the strip club.
- Clain that they "can do so much more" than DJ: "We look at Beyoncé and we’re like, 'I want to build a live show that’s talked about and respected as much as hers, or Kanye’s.’ We want to add performance elements.'"
- Rihanna rejected “Don’t Let Me Down,” but that's OK with them because they are more interested in working with younger artists who "have this hunger" and are "willing to work really hard." (aka they can't cut that check)