- Microsoft and The Coalition‘s Gears of War video game franchise is coming to theaters.
- The Gears of War movie, which was announced during a live stream for the upcoming Gears of War 4, is being developed by Universal Pictures.
- Scott Stuber (Ted, The Kingdom) and Dylan Clark (Rise of the Planet of the Apes) are producing.
- It was not revealed if the Gears of War movie will be a straight adaptation of the games:
“They’re two different mediums, and two different audiences in some cases, and I think some video game movies in the past have failed because they tried to make a movie for gamers. If you have this great IP with a deep backstory and lots of lore that you can make interesting stories out of it’s great, but if you just go after the gaming audience then it isn’t going to be a successful movie. That’s one of the great things about working with Universal. We’re finding that line where we can say it has enough lore and canon that it feels genuine to the game while at the same time going beyond that and asking ‘OK what makes a great movie?’”
- The unnecesary-seque-that-somehow-still-exci