Justin Bieber -- Sorry, GOP ... I'm Not for Sale https://t.co/NjEqwNps16— TMZ (@TMZ) July 29, 2016
- Republican donors offered to pay Justin Bieber five million dollars to perform at an event during the Republican convention
- Bieber wanted to accept, but his manager Scooter Braun, a Hillary Clinton supporter, was opposed to the idea.
- Scooter suggested that if Justin really wanted to take the gig, he could adorn the venue with Black Lives Matter banners.
- The donors organizing the event said that only All Lives Matter banners would be acceptable and Bieber wouldn't be allowed to criticize Trump or Republicans.
- Scooter eventually told Justin that it was his decision but if Justin did accept, Scooter would drop him as a client.
- LeBron James also urged Bieber to turn it down.