- During an interview with Rolling Stone, she said that she was pregnant last year before Badlands was even out and she had a miscarriage before her Vevo LIFT performance.
- "I felt like I was suffocating reading that article," she said, referring to an article that the interviewer wrote in April about Planned Parenthood. "Like someone put a shopping bag over my head. I didn't want to meet you at all. I was really terrified of you, because I knew as soon as I saw you, I was going to need to tell you that last year on tour I got pregnant."
- "What happens? Do I lose my record deal? Do I lose everything? Or do I keep (the pregnancy)? What are the fans going to think? What are the moms going to think? What is the Midwest going to think? What's fucking everyone going to think?"
- The miscarriage happened in a hotel room in Chicago hours before she had to go onstage. "I'm like, 'I have to cancel this show!' And everyone's kind of like, 'Well, it's Vevo LIFT, and it's 3 million impressions, so ...' No one knew what to do."
- She ended up putting on an adult diaper and taking two Percocet so she could go and do the show.
- "It's the angriest performance that I've ever done in my life. I don't feel like a fucking human being anymore. This thing, this music, Halsey, whatever it is that I'm doing, took precedence and priority over every decision that I made regarding this entire situation from the moment I found out until the moment it went wrong. I walked offstage and went into the parking lot and just started throwing up."
source / source