- DuVernay is co-writing the movie which is an adaptation of The Battle Of Versailles: The Night American Fashion Stumbled Into The Spotlight And Made History
- Based on the November 28, 1973 fashion show that took place at the Palace of Versailles where 5 French designers and five unknown American designers held competing fashion shows at Versailles as part of a funraiser
- The Americans came out the winners and it was also considered revolutionary as a third of the models were African-American
- Project is being produced for HBO films
- In addition to this DuVernay has the upcoming OWN mini-series Queen Sugar starring Rutina Wesley coming out in 2016, A Wrinkle in Time adaptation for Disney, and an original Hurricane Katrina project starring David Oyelowo which she is supposed to be working on.
The woman does not quit! Which of her future projects are you the most excited about, ONTD?