(Disclaimer: Videos may play ads after hitting play. Even if you are using an adblocker, there may be a 30 sec wait and non-Youtube videos may take a while to appear.)
Top Box-Office Film
- Doraemon Shin・Nobita no Nihon Tanjou (aka "Doraemon: Nobita and the Birth of Japan 2016") was the top grossing box-office movie this week. It is the 36th Doraemon movie and a remake of an older Doraemon movie of the same name where Nobita and friends go back in time 70,000 years. (I couldn't find a subbed trailer, sorry.)
- "Kimi wa Melody" by AKB48 sold over 1,418,000 copies in its first week, earning it the top spot in the Hot 100 this week as well as number one in the single sales chart.
- QUARTETTO by NEWS debuted at the top of the hot album and album sales charts.
- The "SUPER★CASTLE" album by SUPER☆GiRLS from avex's idol label iDOL Street held its own and debuted in second in the album sales chart.
- "Survivor" by BLUE ENCOUNT debuted in the top spot in this week's anime charts as the second opening to the "Kidou Senshi Gundam Tekketsu no Orphans" (aka "Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans") anime.
- The 20th Anniversary Tales Of Concert Album by the Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra debuted at number one in the classical albums sales chart. The album commemorates 20 years of the Tales franchise of RPG games.
- ONE OK ROCK released the trailer for their upcoming (4/6) concert documentary blu-ray & DVD "ONE OK ROCK 2015 “35xxxv”JAPAN TOUR LIVE＆DOCUMENTARY"
- Seiko, the watch brand, came out with a promotional video this week featuring Yakushimaru Etsuko's vocals in a song that the Seiko CEO and a Seiko employee helped create. The video features a Rube Goldberg machine and is called the "Art of Time."
- Sakanaction announced the 5/25 release of their first concert blu-ray & DVD after 5 years "SAKANAQUARIUM 2015-2016“NF Records launch tour”-LIVE at NIPPON BUDOKAN 2015.10.27-"
- Suiyoubi no Campanella performed her first concert in America at SXSW and announced her major debut with Warner Music's Atlantic Records this June.
- Toki Asako started her tour for her album "Bittersweet" titled "TOKI ASAKO LIVE TOUR 2016 “Bittersweet Gakuyaura”
- Idol group Team Shachihoko will hold a concert on 3/12 commemorating its members who are graduating high school called "JK Sotsugyoushiki" (trans. "High School Girl Graduation Ceremony")
- Team Shachihoko will also have their upcoming single "Cherie!" serve as the theme song to the upcoming (4/6) NHK-E anime "Neko Neko Nihonshi" (trans. "Cat Cat Japanese History") based on the comic of the same name with the concept of "what if Japan's historical figures were cats"
- BiSH, the punk idol group from the former manager of BiS and whose name comes from "Brand-new idol SHiT," announced their collaborative concert event on 6/2 with the Shibusashirazu Orchestra titled "BiSH presents ~Chitei kara Konnnichi wa~" (trans. "Hello from the Ground")
- Keyakizaka 46 released the music video for their debut single "Silent Majority" with their dance moves choreographed by TAKAHIRO (Ueno Takahiro)
"Doraemon: Nobita and the Birth of Japan 2016" trailer:
"Kimi wa Melody" by AKB48:
Most popular & latest (double a-side) single from the album "QUARTETTO" by "NEWS":
"Hikari no Shizuku" (trans. "Drops of Light") by NEWS:
"Touch" by NEWS:
"Karei naru V!CTORY" (trans. "Magnificent Victory") by SUPER☆GiRLS from the "SUPER★CASTLE" album:
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Opening 2 ("Survivor" by BLUE ENCOUNT):
The theme from the first Tales game, "Tales of Phantasia:"
"Yume wa Owaranai" (trans. "The Dream Won't End") by the Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra from the "20th Anniversary Tales Of Concert Album:"
"ONE OK ROCK 2015 “35xxxv”JAPAN TOUR LIVE＆DOCUMENTARY" trailer:
"Art of Time" by Seiko:
Box office source
Video sources: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
happy 20th anniversary, tales franchise. as usual, talk about whatever japanese bullshit in this post. we got watches this time around too!