Instagram Users Rebel Against Plans to Reorganize Feed https://t.co/ZNE6HU17sA— Variety (@Variety) March 16, 2016
- On Tuesday, Instagram revealed a major change
- Instead of pictures and videos appearing in chronological order, "your feed will soon be ordered to show the moments we believe you will care about the most"
- They're following in the footsteps of Facebook and Twitter
- They're implementing this algorithm because "people miss on average 70 percent of their feeds"
- "The order of photos and videos in your feed will be based on the likelihood you’ll be interested in the content, your relationship with the person posting and the timeliness of the post"
Ugh, now Instagram is gonna decide which posts I wanna see first?!— Zedd (@Zedd) March 16, 2016
Why can't social media platforms just leave the time line of real life...
Sources: Variety's Twitter | Zedd's Twitter | IG's official statement