#SXSW (@TheNextWeb) March 15, 2016
- The "Sense of Smell" research group is showing off the "Famous Deaths" project at South by Southwest
- Participants enter a morgue cabinet while a mix of sound and scents waft in correlating to parts of the celebrity's death
- An example given is Whitney Houston and how you can smell her last meal and the pipe next to the bathtub.
- Other celebrities offered are Princess Diana, Muammar Gaddafi, and John F. Kennedy
- It's said that just by scent, participants will be able to feel touch and thermal sensations. A few participants thought that the temperature rose when they smelled fresh fries, and a few thought their hair was on fire when they smelled meth.
ontd, which dead celeb's final moments would you like to smell?