Gather ye round as I tell you a chilling tale of a PR monster unleashed
- Television critic Mo Ryan drags The 100 for how it's handled Lexa's death
- The CW relies heavily on social media engagement to make $$$ off its poorly rated shows, but this is a double-edged sword as the fans will rebel if they feel they're being exploited for ratings/hype
- So guess what happened when The 100 led on its LGBT fanbase (and most socially active viewers) about their fave not dying, and then killed her off in a masterpiece of hackery and tropiness?
- Fans are rightfully pissed off and not gonna take it anymore
- Showrunner Jason Rothenberg has basically done everything wrong by going underground while leaving his fellow writers to answer for his decision to kill Lexa off
- Article brings the receipts on the crew queerbaiting fans for MONTHS
This drama is giving me so much life that I am basically 90% shadenfreude and spite right now.