- the DC superhero showdown, opening March 25, is tracking for a $140 million domestic opening and $300-$350 million worldwide box-office.
- distributor Warner Bros. is lowballing expectations with a conservative $110 million b.o. prediction.
- official budget for the tentpole is $250 million but sources are claiming the real production cost is closer to $400 million.
- the current record for March openings is held by The Hunger Games with $152.5 million.
- box-officice trackings have been unreliable in the past so final tally may be higher, especially if the reviews are good.
For reference, the 15 biggest domestic openings of all times:
mods: the hollywood reporter didn't make a tweet linking to their article which is why I used a pic from Uncle Henry's instagram instead.