(Warning: Videos may play ads after hitting play. Even if you are using an adblocker, there may be a 30 sec wait.)
- Arashi's "Fukkatsu LOVE" (trans. "Revived Love") hit the top of the JAPAN Hot 100 this week with the top single sales, totaling over 500,000. Likewise, by measures such as streaming, lookups, and Twitter, the single also ranked at number one.
-- Arashi is a five member male idol group formed in 1999 that is basically the face of Japan at this point since they star in several dramas, host several variety shows, and have tons of hit singles and albums. They appeal to all ages and are used in many campaigns to promote Japan across the globe. Part of the Johnny's Entertainment empire that basically almost has a monopoly on male idol groups in Japan.
"Fukkatsu LOVE" by Arashi:
- Sexy Zone's "Welcome to Sexy Zone" debuts at the top of the album charts with strong sales as many Johnny's groups tend to have. In second is an Osomatsu-san drama CD.
-- Sexy Zone is a 5 member male idol group from Johnny's Entertainment. Debuting in 2011, their name frequently is stylized through red font to emphasize the xy in their name as... they all have xy chromosomes. The oldest was born in 1994 and the youngest in 2000 so be careful if you're gonna decide to stan one of them ONTD.
-- "Welcome to Sexy Zone" includes their single songs "Cha-Cha-Cha Champion" and "Colorful Eyes" as well as "Make my day" from the "Colorful Eyes" single. "Make my day" was the theme song to the live action drama and movie adaptation of "Kurosaki-kun no Iinari ni Nante Naranai" (trans. "I'm Not Just Going to Do What Kurosaki kun Says") which also starred Nakajima Kento from Sexy Zone in its leading role.
Most popular single leading up to and included in Sexy Zone's "Welcome to Sexy Zone":
Most recent music video from the Sexy Zone's "Welcome to Sexy Zone":
"24-7~Bokura no Story~" (trans. "24-7~Our Story~"):
- Sayuri's "Sore wa Chiisana Hikari no You na" (trans. "It's Like a Small Light") is at the top of the anime charts this week as the ending theme to the widely talked about anime "Boku Dake ga Inai Machi" (aka "ERASED").
-- Wikipedia sums up the plot of "ERASED" as: "The story follows Satoru Fujinuma, a man who possesses an ability that sends him back in time moments before a life-threatening incident, allowing him to prevent it from happening. When his mother is killed, Satoru's ability suddenly sends him back eighteen years to when he was still in elementary school, giving him the opportunity to prevent a kidnapping incident that took the lives of three of his classmates."
Trailer for "ERASED":
"Sore wa Chiisana Hikari no You na" by Sayuri:
- Ozawa Seiji & the Saito Kinen Orchestra's Grammy-winning "L'enfant et les sortilèges" album returned to the top spot this week for the classical charts.
- Nishino Kana announced her upcoming national arena tour.
- Mr.Children announced that their 2015 stadium tour would be coming to DVD and Blu-Ray. They also announced an upcoming hall tour for this year.
- Amuro Namie also released a tour album this week for her 2015-2016 "LIVEGENIC" tour
- Matsumoto Takahiro from B'z announced his new album "enigma" (coming next month) is finally finished and includes a newly recorded version of the Japanese live music show "Music Station" theme song.
- Nogizaka 46 released a music video for their upcoming single "Harujion ga Saku Koro" (trans. "When the harujion (Philadelphia fleabane) blossom") that's due later this month
- Next week it's predicted that KAT-TUN's new single "UNLOCK" will be heading towards the top. It serves as the theme song to the currently airing television drama "Kaitou Yamaneko" (trans. "The Mysterious Thief Yamaneko") starring KAT-TUN's Kamenashi Kazuya
"UNLOCK" by KAT-TUN:
Video sources: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Wikipedia sources: 1 2 3
btw ontd it's my birthday so fill up my post with positive vibes and don't let it die!!!