- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Amazon Studios are making a period drama called K Troop, about the rise of the Ku Klux Klan after the American Civil War.
- Gordon-Levitt might star in it.
- The title refers to a a special US military division that battled the KKK after the hate group first rose to prominence. The division was led by Major Lewis Merrill, whom Gordon-Levitt would play if he stars in the film.
- No writer is attached to the film yet.
- This deal comes right after the ongoing debate about lack of diversity in Hollywood, Donald Trump's handling of the KKK topic, the KKK rally in Anaheim, California, and The Birth of a Nation became a hit at Sundance Film Festival.
EDIT: I modified this entry to make it less confusing and click-baity. This is my first time posting on ONTD and I was rushing. My bad.