- Liu Wen is known as China's first supermodel, the first Asian model to be in a Victoria's Secret show, and the first Asian global face for Estee Lauder
- Got her start by entering an online modeling call to win a computer, the grand prize.
- Says that she never considered herself beautiful and still doesn't. She thinks that her personality carries her and that she has something called "chi ze" which is a bold presence or confidence.
- Says that in China, they value things like big eyes, pointy noses, and big lips, which she used to value as well.
- Talks a lot about having single eyelids instead of double, which is prized in Asia, and is happy she hasn't had surgery to change them since she wants girls to realize that different eye shapes are beautiful too.
- On the topic of her wanting to break stereotypes about Asian women being meek: "I hope that when people see Asian women, they realize we are all different. A lot of time with Caucasian people, they just group us together as Asian. But even within the different cities in China, people have different personalities. Likewise, if you’re from Korea or Japan. You’re talking to me right now, your family is from Taiwan, or someone else is from Chicago, and I’m from China. We look Asian, but we still look different. We don't look the same."
More from her interview + her beauty routine at the source.