• Over the weekend The Sunday Times reported that Prince William and his private secretary, Simon Case, are the masterminds behind the plan to send Harry and Meghan abroad for a few years following the birth of their first child.
• The main goal from sending the two abroad is to 'contain' their extreme popularity.
• Plans to send the Sussexes to Canada were rejected. Canada is too close to the US media, and Harry and Meghan's popularity would most likely only grow if they were to spend a few years there. The strongest contender for their new home is Africa.
• For months now the media has been speculating of a rift between the Cambridges and the Sussexes. Kate and William had long been criticized for being "work shy" but once Meghan and Harry got married, both of them have tried to swing the coverage back in their favor.
• A source tells the Times that "People are telling William, 'Don't worry. Your influence will grow and Harry's will fade. This is peak Harry.'"
• Buckingham Palace has not denied the report.
• The story was published on a Sunday, but by Monday the story has been modified by British tabloids
probably because someone realized how terrible the optics were and how petty it made William look
. The tabloids are now reporting that Harry and Meghan are in favor of the 'sabbatical' and bashing the two over the potential costs of them living abroad.source