• Sofia talks about growing up in Algeria and moving to France at the age of 10
• After more than a decade as a professional dancer, she decided to focus on acting & Madonna supported her decision
• She spent the next two years taking acting classes but didn't get cast in anything
• She considered go-go dancing but was worried it might affect her emotionally, soon after she was cast as Gazelle in Kinsgman: The Secret Service
• She turned down her part in The Mummy initally because she was afraid to play a monster - "I was afraid it would stick to me, as a woman, and [I would] not work again. Who are the women who played monsters who did anything after? I didn’t see any examples."
• Full article is available @ www.malibumag.com
( ...Collapse )
Source: 1, 2