Follow-up to the trailer reveal post
, Neil Druckmann, Ashley Johnson (Ellie), and Troy Baker (Joel) took to the stage at PSX to host a panel for The Last of Us Part II.
- Game is set a five years after the first, with Ellie now being 19
- Ellie will be whom the player will primarily play as in the game
- Druckmann revealed he shared the idea of TLoU2 with Ashley Johnson over a dinner, the same time he told her about the Left Behind DLC, which by the end of it left her bawling
- Troy Baker revealed he almost didn't do the role for Joel because he was afraid he just wasn't right for it
- Gustavo Santaolalla will be returning to compose for the game (Yes!!
- ND used a new motion capture and facial capture technology for the game, with some behind-the-scene footage of it in the video
- Ashley Johnson had to get a vocal coach to learn to sing the song in the trailer "worse", they felt she sang it too well and got help finding what they felt was the right way Ellie would sing it
- On why the game is back to focusing on Ellie and Joel : "I played with so many ideas that had different characters and it never felt right. The Last of Us is about these two characters, specifically."
and finally "All I ask is that fans of the first one put faith in us and trust us. We're going to do right by you."
- The theme of the first game was "Love", the sequel will be about "Hate" (Hmm...
)( Through the ValleyCollapse )SOURCE 1 2 3