The Sims 4 is coming, as you may have heard, and as we told you last month, you'll probably be able to run it as long as you actually own a PC. But what if you want to run it well? That's a bit of a different matter.
The recently-revealed recommended system requirements for The Sims 4 are a big jump above and beyond the minimum spec. This is what you'll need if you want to play the game in all its glory:
- REQUIRED: Internet connection required for product activation.
- OS: 64 Bit Windows 7,8, or 8.1
- PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5 or faster or AMD Athlon X4
- MEMORY: 4GB RAM
- HARD DRIVE: At least 9 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
- DVD-ROM: DVD ROM drive required for installation only
- VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 650 or better
- SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
- DIRECTX: DirectX 9.0c compatible
- INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse
The Core i5/Athlon X4 seems like fairly heavy stuff for The Sims, as does the GTX 650 video card, but I suppose if you're just "recommending," why mess around? The Sims 4 comes out on September 2.
Fuck you EA. I mean I meet the recommended specs but I'm sure there are people who have ancient ass computers and we all know the recommend specs are low key the min specs irl.