YouTube recently compiled a list of the platform’s most-played music videos worldwide for the first half of 2014. It’s sort of an unofficial chart for the most popular songs of the year so far for the entire globe. Unsurprisingly, songs with a World Cup hook have done particularly well.
Katy Perry’s ridiculously popular “Dark Horse” tops the list, predictably, with a staggering 485 million plays. Shakira takes both second and third place with her Rihanna-featuring “Can’t Remember to Forget You” and the World Cup-themed version of her single “La La La,” with the official 2014 World Cup song “We Are One (Ole Ola)” right behind it. Iggy Azalea’s summer-dominating “Fancy” and Frozen‘s “Let It Go” official sing-along video both made the list, but the come behind the Chainsmokers’ calculatedly viral “#Selfie,” which has racked up over 183 million views.
Full Top 10
1. Katy Perry - Dark Horse (Official) ft. Juicy J
2. Shakira - Can't Remember to Forget You ft. Rihanna
3. Shakira - La La La (Brazil 2014) ft. Carlinhos Brown
4. We Are One (Ole Ola) [The Official 2014 FIFA World Cup Song] (Olodum Mix)
5. Enrique Iglesias - Bailando (Español) ft. Descemer Bueno, Gente De Zona
6. #SELFIE (Official Music Video) - The Chainsmokers
7. Iggy Azalea - Fancy (Explicit) ft. Charli XCX
8. FROZEN - Let It Go Sing-along | Official Disney HD
9. Jason Derulo - "Wiggle" feat. Snoop Dogg (Official HD Music Video)
10. Enrique Iglesias - El Perdedor (Pop) ft. Marco Antonio Solís