The actress married actor Ryan Dorsey on July 19 in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, in front of a small group of close family.
"We feel truly blessed to be joined as husband and wife," the couple told PEOPLE exclusively. "Our special day was fated and everything we could have ever asked for."
Dorsey, who is originally from Charleston, West Virginia, attended the New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts before moving to Los Angeles, where he met Rivera four years ago. Longtime friends, they saw their relationship blossom into a romance shortly after her engagement to rapper Big Sean ended in April.
For their nuptials, Rivera, 27, wore a Monique Lhuillier gown while Dorsey wore a Dolce & Gabbana suit. She carried a bouquet of daisies and baby's breath and the couple exchanged Neil Lane rings.
Now back home in L.A., the couple are excited to start their new lives as newlyweds.
As they told PEOPLE: "True love always prevails."
Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey in Cabo - July 21, 2014
But just who is this mystery guy of hers? Here are five facts we could dig up about the 27-year-old actress’ new husband:
- He was raised in Charleston, West Virginia and attended the New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts before moving to Los Angeles.
- He met Naya four years ago and they have been friends ever since.
- He’s an actor with past guest-starring roles on TNT’s Southland and NBC’s Parks and Rec.
- He recently wrapped filming on his upcoming big-screen debut in Blood Father, opposite Mel Gibson and William H. Macy.
- He’s on Twitter! Follow him @DorseyRyan.Source & Source & Source