Angelina Jolie's children are drawn to her ink! The Maleficent star's six kids
with Brad Pitt -- sons Maddox, 12, Pax, 10, and Knox, 5, and daughters Zahara,
9, Shiloh, 8, and Vivienne, 5 -- can't get enough of their mom's extensive body
art and are constantly asking questions about it, a source reveals in the new
issue of Us Weekly.
"They are obsessed with her tattoos and always ask what they mean," the insider
tells Us, adding that Jolie, 39, is "happy to explain her tats to the kids."
(Among the 13 designs is an etching of the birth coordinates for each of her
children, who were born all over the world, in Cambodia, Vietnam, Ethiopia,
Namibia, and France.)
The source notes that Shiloh is especially fascinated by her mom's ink. And Pax
is already eager to get his own. "Angie tells him he has plenty of time," the
Partial list of Angelina's tattoos
- The lower case letter "h" (for her brother James Haven) on the inside of her
- "A prayer for the wild at heart, kept in cages" (Tennessee Williams) on her
- "XIII" (number 13 in Roman numerals) on her left forearm.
- Longitude and latitude coordinates representing the locations where she
adopted Maddox (N11° 33' 00" E104° 51' 00"), Zahara (N09° 02' 00" E038° 45'
00"), Pax (N10° 46' 00" E106° 41' 40") and where her and Brad Pitt's children
were born at - Shiloh (S22° 40' 26" E014° 31' 40") & twins Vivienne & Knox (N43°
41' 21" E07° 14' 28") and now Brad Pitt's birthplace (N35° 19' 44" W96° 55' 26")
on her left arm which cover up her "Billy Bob" tattoo.
- (Arabic for "strength of will") on her right forearm.
- "Quod me nutrit me destruit" (Latin for "What nourishes me also destroys me")
several inches below her navel
- A tilted Latin cross on the lower left of her abdomen.
- "Know your rights" just under her neck between her shoulders.
- A prayer of Buddhist Sanskrit symbols for her son Maddox on her left shoulder
which covers up the old Japanese "death" tattoo.
- A large Asian tiger on her back.
- A dragon under the tiger.
- Two pointy black tribal designs on the lower part of her back.
- The letter M on the palm of her hand for her deceased mother Marcheline
- Small swirls around the Roman numerals on her left forearm
how many tattoos do you have?