The actor (at the extreme height of what we’re calling McConaugheCool) was a pure delight on the phone — and we learned so many candid tidbits during our phone chat that we had to list them out for you. (P.S.: The photo at left was taken during our conversation. Okay, fine, there’s no proof of that, but it was the same day — so just go with it.)
1. He watched True Detective every week with the rest of the world. “They sent me all the episodes, but I wanted to check them out on Sundays.”
2. It takes him 12 minutes to go from “shower to out the door.”
3. He uses Kiehl’s face lotion every day.
4. When he has to put on a suit and “look as sharp as possible” he uses a Clarisonic and applies his signature scent (yep, it’s “The One.”)
5. He can’t remember the name of his first cologne, but he could only afford to buy two bottles and he made each one last two years. “My friends would ask if they could have some and they were allowed to have one mist. I would spray it once on them directly or spray it and they could run into it.”
6. His favorite scent in general is fresh-cut St. Augustine grass, which grows in his home state of Texas.
7. During our interview he revealed that he was wearing his True Detective character Rust Cohle’s gray Dickies. (More proof that we think he must be talking to us during that phone call in the photo above!)
8. When asked about his Dazed and Confused wardrobe he said, “How can you mess with those peach pants and the Nugent T-shirt? They wouldn’t have worked as well without the hair and the mustache.”
9. He describes his personal style in thee words: “Form follows function.”
[....] rest of the list @ source
We told you he’s awesome. “The One” is available in stores now. Tell us: What’s your favorite McConaughey fact? Is he a good fit for Dolce & Gabbana? Sound off below!