Simon confirms Cheryl is in talks for X Factor UK return



Simon Cowell has confirmed Cheryl Cole is in talks to return to The X Factor.

The 54-year-old music mogul will return to the ITV singing competition's judging panel this year after a three-year absence and for the first time he has acknowledged that former judge Cheryl could join him.

Speaking to BANG Showbiz at the Britain's Got Talent auditions on Tuesday at London's Hammersmith Apollo, Simon said of his negotiations with Cheryl: 'To be fair to Cheryl, it hasn't been about the money with her. It's about whether she wants to do it and whether she can handle the pressure, so I'm not quite sure yet [if she will come back].'

However, it seems the X Factor creator has some work to do if he is to convince the 30-year-old beauty to return to the panel alongside him.

He added: 'She had her poker face on.'

Simon went on to compliment the songstress, with whom he has had a contentious relationship after she was axed from the US version of The X Factor in 2011.

He said of his meeting with Cheryl: 'I thought she looked and sounded the best I've seen her in years.

The X Factor USA was cancelled by FOX last week amid low ratings and Simon – who produced and judged the show for three years – has blamed the show's failure on the US TV market being too 'competitive'.

He explained: 'I don't know why any show would want to be in America right now - anyone - because it's too tough of a market. I mean, there's going to be, this year, something like 14 talent shows on American TV.


DailyMail

lol at simon's backtracking on xf us.