2013, we’re not quite done with you yet. To close off our coverage of the year gone by, we wanted to hand over the mic to the actors, directors and other film professionals who made waves, headlines, faux pas, announcements, pronouncements or funny gags throughout the year. And we’re changing up the format this time out, scouring the whole Internet and not just our own archives for these little nuggets, mainly because we’re fairly sure you’ve all avidly consumed and committed to memory every word of each of the 200-odd interviews we ran in 2013, not to mention the thousands of news stories, and we’d be preaching to the choir.
And so we bring you this snapshot of the year just gone in an eclectic assortment of tweets, awards speech soundbites, print interviews, talk show snippets, press conference bombshells and various other samples of film industry chatterati gasbagging and gossiping their way through 2013. And since of all of them, none was more ubiquitous and more valuable as a source of an adorkable one-liner or twenty than Jennifer Lawrence, we’re giving her an honorary entry to close off each month, after opening the segment with a quote from one of that month’s releases.
So come with us as we finally wave adieu/flip the bird to 2013 at the movies, in the words of the people who made it what it was.
“[Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie] were two feet from my table!... They should be King and Queen of America. I would pay taxes to them and not even think twice.”
- Jennifer Lawrence reveals a Royalist streak after an exciting evening at the Golden Globes.
"Look, even if I don't get one directly, eventually they're just going to have to give me one when I get old. So no matter how you slice it, I'm getting one.”
- Robert Downey Jr. to GQ, immodestly but probably accurately predicting his Oscar future.
“You’re about to find out who I am. You’re going to be on national news.”
- Speaking to the arresting officer, Reese Witherspoon subverts her nice-as-pie image when she and her husband are pulled over for DUI.
“I just want to say how lovely it is to be back here in California, I feel safe here now that you’ve got rid of Proposition 8. I’m looking for a husband, it’s great to meet you, Michael.”
- Sir Ian McKellen, sharing the Comic-Con stage with his fellow ‘X-Men’ actors including Michael Fassbender (who blows him a kiss in reply).
"The cold never bothered me anyway."
- Queen Elsa (Idina Menzel) in Disney's "Frozen," as of now the fourth-highest-grossing film of 2013.
More 2013 celebrity quotes to be found at the ( SOURCE )
What were your favorite celebrity quotes for 2013, ONTD?