Gary Barlow to 'leave X Factor' after this series, claims Chris Evans
HE'S been the perfect replacement for Simon Cowell, but Gary Barlow might not be turning to the X Factor judging panel after this year. According to BBC Radio 2 DJ Chris Evans, the Take That star will follow in the footsteps of Louis Walsh and will not return to the show next year.
"Apparently Gary Barlow is feeling the pressure ahead of the live shows," he said on his show yesterday. "By the way, this will be Gary's last year o The X Factor… because he told me last week." The star has been a judge on the talent show for three years, and is currently mentoring the groups.
The comments come after the singer/songwriter admitted that he will always put Take That ahead of his role on the show. "I am an artist first and foremost," he said.
Meanwhile, X Factor presenter Dermot O'Leary also hinted at changes on the panel, even hinting that Simon Cowell could make a return. "If Simon comes back the dynamic would be very different,’ he said. ’Gary wouldn’t be there – he’ll be leaving at the end of this year," he said. "Simon is a great judge so we’d welcome him back, but Gary’s been such a great head judge as well."
Gary will be releasing his first solo album for 14 years on November 25, and will perform his first solo tour in April 2014.
FIRST LIVE SHOW POST smolderhotter summoned me to make this, so