Porn king Ron Jeremy has been released from hospital three weeks after he suffered a near-fatal heart aneurysm.
The adult film actor experienced severe chest pains last month so he admitted himself to Los Angeles’ Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, where doctors discovered an aneurysm near his heart and performed emergency surgery.
Jeremy, 59, revealed he was “extremely close” to death during the health drama, but medics have now released him from their care.
Editors at the New York Daily News report the star checked out of the hospital last week and is now convalescing at a hotel in Hollywood.
Jeremy has shown off the new surgical scar on his chest, adding, “I came very close to death. I guess I have a very, very strong will to live.”
He lost 45 lbs in weight during his hospital stay and has now vowed to change his diet to improve his health. Damn.
Jeremy explains, “Eating healthy food is depressing, but it’s keeping me alive. My dad is 94 and still going strong. He got mad at me for this. He jokes that he and my mom gave me the perfect body, and I screwed it up.”
Surprising facts about Ron Jeremy:
- Has a Master's Degree
- Before his porn career, he taught Special Education classes in NYC Public Schools.
- Changed his name to "Ron Jeremy" after fans/producers kept calling his grandmother, mistaking the "R. Hyatt." listing in the Queens phone book for his.
- His mother served in the O.S.S. during World War II.
- Has debated at the Oxford Union.
- His nickname has nothing to do with his penis/any other body part.
Edited to Add: Classically trained pianist and violinist.