ONTD

1:51 pm - 01/17/2013

Bad Day For Candles - Ozzy Osbourne Injured In Blaze Drama

Ozzy Osbourne required medical attention on Thursday morning (17Jan13) after singeing his hair and injuring his hand while tackling a fire at his home in Beverly Hills.

A candle the rock icon and his manager wife Sharon had left burning through the night exploded in its glass vase and sparked a small blaze in their living room and quick-thinking Ozzy, whose arm had been bandaged up following hand surgery on Wednesday (16Jan13), tried to air the room as Sharon rushed to collect some water, but her efforts to extinguish the oily flames only caused the fire to spread, singeing chunks of the rocker's long locks in the process.

Firefighters were called to the scene and quickly put out the blaze, and Sharon is thankful for their prompt response.

Revealing all about her early morning drama on her U.S. show The Talk on Thursday, she explained, "Everybody is fine. There was only Ozzy, myself and the dogs in the house last night.

"At five o' clock (in the morning), I heard a noise like metal had fallen. I thought it was my housekeeper coming in and she had dropped her keys on the tiles, that's what it sounded like, so I didn't pay any attention. A few minutes later, my eyes are stinging and my throat's closing up, (I thought), 'Something's weird smelling in here'.

"Then my dog started to bark. I go downstairs and the whole living room (was on fire). The candle had burst and the cracking sound was the glass and the candle exploding...

"My husband had an operation on his hand yesterday so he's in a complete cast... He comes down and goes, 'Oh, the fire, the fire!' (and tries to put it out) with his hand in the cast. Then he opens the French doors and I go into the kitchen and throw water on it and it erupted...

"Ozzy's front of his hair from (his ear down is), gone! His eyebrows (are gone)... he's got like, skinned cheeks. We are, like, two idiots, it was like The Three Stooges... Everything you are not meant to do - go to bed with candles alight, open the doors and put water on - we did it all."

The couple got a telling off from the emergency workers and now Sharon has warned other candle lovers to be extra careful.

The reality TV star also used the opportunity to issue a sincere apology to Ozzy and vow never to light another candle in their house ever again.

She said, "They (the firemen) come up, they give us a lecture, and Ozzy's like, 'She's been doing this to me for 32 years! You tell her, you tell her, no more candles!'

"I apologize to my husband because he put himself out. He made his hand worse, it started to bleed, the whole nine yards, and I'm sorry and I love you and I will never light a candle again...

"I want to thank the firemen from Beverly Hills Fire Station because you are magnificent there and I want to say to everyone out there, please, please check your candles before you go to bed."

source
dirrtymyke 17th-Jan-2013 10:01 pm (UTC)
que?
thestrals_00 17th-Jan-2013 10:02 pm (UTC)
we_eat_coldcuts 17th-Jan-2013 10:03 pm (UTC)
A+
promisemewings 17th-Jan-2013 10:04 pm (UTC)
It'd be better if she sent flowers and was nothing but super-duper nice to rub it in Sharon's face about being a bigger person.
12muses 17th-Jan-2013 10:15 pm (UTC)
death
promisemewings 17th-Jan-2013 10:03 pm (UTC)
Lady Gaga should send flowers.
ectypes 17th-Jan-2013 10:06 pm (UTC)
omg the title made me laugh and i feel bad. house fires are not funny.
eaglefan2011 17th-Jan-2013 10:06 pm (UTC)
same
ayumidah 18th-Jan-2013 06:38 am (UTC)
I didn't laugh at this one but I did laugh at the Skrillex one.
spartacus 17th-Jan-2013 10:07 pm (UTC)
Now this is a legit almost fire disaster story D:
promisemewings 17th-Jan-2013 10:08 pm (UTC)
Woah, the post about Skrillex burning his hair, and then this?! FIRE ALL AROUND, BABY!
evett 17th-Jan-2013 10:14 pm (UTC)
 photo firestarter.gif
tbe 17th-Jan-2013 10:33 pm (UTC)
OMG, that movie gave me nightmares when I was a kid.
mandramoddle 17th-Jan-2013 10:15 pm (UTC)
As much as I love the scent of candles, I won't light them up in my house. I get so paranoid something like this would happen. :|
12muses 17th-Jan-2013 10:17 pm (UTC)
shit this is why I can never burn my bath and body works candles all the way down. I always think the glass is gonna shatter.
d00ditsemily 17th-Jan-2013 10:20 pm (UTC)
sadly they don't go all the way down. they die out like a half an inch from the bottom
anus 17th-Jan-2013 10:23 pm (UTC)
My mom is the most paranoid person about candles I swear. I'm surprised she even lets us have candles on a birthday cake.
lucifersam 17th-Jan-2013 10:28 pm (UTC)
"They (the firemen) come up, they give us a lecture, and Ozzy's like, 'She's been doing this to me for 32 years! You tell her, you tell her, no more candles!'

lmao ozzy
ragdollia 17th-Jan-2013 10:28 pm (UTC)
i havent lit candles in my room ever since i got cats.
supermishelle 17th-Jan-2013 10:32 pm (UTC)
This reminds me, I need to buy new candles. I've burned my last 3 out completely.
hearxmexrawr 17th-Jan-2013 10:33 pm (UTC)
I severely burned my hand last year and omg it sucked so much. It didn't hurt but it was gross looking and it got infected (which did hurt) and took forever to heal. I'll never get feeling back in the burned area either :\
deadendqueen16 17th-Jan-2013 10:41 pm (UTC)
My mom leaves candles burning at night all the time. It drives me crazy!
fabouluz 17th-Jan-2013 10:41 pm (UTC)
It's like a new episode of the osbournes in one paragraph.
andisprohi 17th-Jan-2013 11:16 pm (UTC)
Did we not learn from Britney's candle fires ?
x_neverenough 17th-Jan-2013 11:38 pm (UTC)
aww ozzy, i'm so glad he's ok. i'm marathoning the osbournes on youtube right now and i just love him and sharon sfm<3 favorite couple ever
jessie_val_jean 18th-Jan-2013 12:03 am (UTC)
Why does Ozzy always manage to get into the most unnecessary injuries/accidents?
prophecypro 18th-Jan-2013 06:03 am (UTC)
I cant say Im too surprised...
kimisinsane 18th-Jan-2013 02:58 pm (UTC)
I feel like this would be a good way to sell them some Scentsy products. LOL.
solastsummer66 22nd-Jan-2013 12:14 am (UTC)
this story left out the most important detail, the candle was a gift from Howard Stern
This page was loaded Sep 16th 2014, 7:32 pm GMT.