How were votes calculated?
Based on the poll each week, the top ten quotes were picked based on highest percentage of votes received, as voted by LJ members.
Tags have been removed for this post to keep an element of surprise.
Be sure to vote at the end for the Top Quote of 2012! (you do not need to be a member of ONTD to do this)
*Honorable Mention #1 with 38.5 % of the vote: Ewan McGregor
March 9th: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/672
"I like hearing my kids swear, and I'll pretend they're not allowed to, but I do always enjoy it."
– Ewan McGregor, on the joys of potty-mouth parenting, to PEOPLE
*Honorable Mention #2 with 39.1% of the vote: Honey BooBoo
October 19th: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/728
– Alana "Honey Boo Boo" Thompson, on who she's supporting in the presidential elections, on Jimmy Kimmel Live!
*Honorable Mention #3 with 39.1% of the vote: Lisa Kudrow
August 10th: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/710
"I think it's important to watch the end of the world happening."
– Web Therapy star Lisa Kudrow, on why she's addicted to the Real Housewives franchise, on Conan
QUOTE #10 with 42.7% of the vote: Omarosa
September 14th: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/719
"Aren't you that mean girl from The Apprentice?"
– Omarosa Manigault, on the pickup line her late fiancé Michael Clarke Duncan used when they met at a grocery store, in her eulogy
QUOTE #9 with 44.1% of the vote: Kate Middleton’s Announcement
December 7th: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/740
"Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to announce that The Duchess of Cambridge is expecting a baby."
– The official statement from St. James Palace on Prince William and Duchess Kate's royal baby news
QUOTE #8 with 45.7% of the vote: POTUS
April 27th: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/685
"I'm President Barack Obama. And I, too, want to slow-jam the news."
– President Barack Obama, getting down with Jimmy Fallon on his late night show
QUOTE #7 with 45.7% of the vote: Reese Witherspoon
February 3rd: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/662
"Would he be playing me, or is he playing Mark Wahlberg?"
– Reese Witherspoon, addressing rumors that Justin Bieber wants to remake her 1996 thriller Fear, to MTV
QUOTE #6 with 51.4% of the vote: Jay-Z, Beyonce, POTUS
September 21st: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/721
"Jay knows what my life is like. We both have daughters and our wives are more popular than we are."
– President Barack Obama, comparing his life to Jay-Z's, at his N.Y.C. fund-raiser
QUOTE #5 with 51.7% of the vote: Jimmy Kimmel
May 4th: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/687
"Mr. President, remember when the country rallied around you in hope of a better tomorrow? That was hilarious."
– Jimmy Kimmel, roasting President Barack Obama, at the White House Correspondents' Dinner
QUOTE #4 with 52.9% of the vote: Ellen DeGeneres
February 10th: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/664
"If they have a problem with spokespeople, what about the Pillsbury Doughboy? He runs around without any pants on, basically begging for people to poke his belly. What kind of message is that?"
– Ellen DeGeneres, making light of the campaign launched by the anti-gay group One Million Moms to have her fired from her new JCPenney gig, on her daytime show
QUOTE #3 with 58.4% of the vote: Anderson Cooper
April 13th: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/681
"…a tap from a pussy willow branch."
– The phrase that sent Anderson Cooper into another giggle fit, on his CNN show
QUOTE #2 with 58.7% of the vote: Jon Bon Jovi
December 31st, 2011: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/654
"Heaven looks a lot like New Jersey."
– Jon Bon Jovi, using photographic evidence to refute Internet rumors that he had died, on his band's Twitter feed
QUOTE #1 with 71.4% of the vote: POTUS
November 9th: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/733
"We remain more than a collection of red states and blue states. We are and forever will be the United States of America."
– President Barack Obama, during his re-election acceptance speech in his Chicago hometown
Which celeb had THE BEST QUOTE OF 2012!
HAPPY 2012 Gossip Year, ONTD! It's been fun! :-) Feel free to click on the "Quotes of the Week" tag to take a trip down 2012 memory lane. There were so many "omg that happened!" moments for me as I went through the posts to make this list. Probably for you too!