Even celebrities who are past their prime charge a ton of money. Speaking engagements, private performances or simple appearances can bring in hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Celebrity Talent International is an agency that represents huge stars like Adele, Elton John and Angelina Jolie, booking appearances for these stars and hundreds more. Many of the appearance fees are listed on CTI's website and are shockingly high. Celebrities don't necessarily receive the full amount, but the fees are guidelines for what they expect.
Decades after 90210 made her famous, Shannen Doherty is still asking for a ton of money. Same for former musician/reality stars like Clay Aiken and Bret Michaels. And you won't believe what the former Mr. Britney Spears charges.
1. Shannen Doherty charges more than $100,000 per appearance.
Doherty's peak was about 20 years ago when she starred as mean girl Brenda on "Beverly Hills 90210." She's had a few gigs since, but nothing notable in the past couple years.
2. Roseanne Barr still demands $100,000 per appearance.
Roseanne is famous for her sitcom that ran from 1988 through 1997. Since then, her career has dried up. Her Lifetime reality show "Roseanne's Nuts" was cancelled after one season.
3. Clay Aiken charges between $100,000 and $150,000 per speaking gig.
Aiken was the runner-up on "American Idol" in 2003. Since then, he's had a few songs on the radio. But he still has a lucrative speaking career.
4. Creed charges a minimum of $150,000 per appearance.
The band, which sings "Take Me Higher" and "Arms Wide Open," hasn't had a big hit since the early 2000's. Still, it charges a hefty fee.
5. Moby charges more than $150,000.
Moby is credited with popularizing dance music in the 1990's. But it's been years since he's had a hit on the mainstream charts.
6. Toni Braxton charges between $150,000 and $250,000.
The Grammy-winning "Unbreak My Heart" singer must be hard-up for gigs--she recently filed for bankruptcy.
7. Bret Michaels charges somewhere between $150,000 and $250,000.
Michael's peak days as the lead singer of Poison are long behind him. But Michaels found a new generation of fans through the reality series "The Rock Of Love" on VH1.
8. Orlando Bloom's booking fee starts at around $200,000.
Orlando Bloom found fame 10 years ago when he starred in "Lord Of The Rings" and "Pirates Of The Caribbean." However, he hasn't been in a hit movie in years. Perhaps his role in the upcoming movie "The Hobbit" will give his career a boost.
9. The All-American Rejects charge a minimum of around $200,000.
The All-American Rejects won the hearts of teenage girls everywhere with their eponymous and "Move Along" albums. The band hasn't been on the charts in quite some time, but it still costs a lot to book them.
10. Avril Lavigne charges about $250,000.
Lavigne's "Let Go" album was a smash hit back in 2003, while her subsequent albums flopped. Today, Lavigne is working on a comeback record.
11. Duran Duran charges more than $250,000 per appearance.
Duran Duran continues to ride off its success in the 1980's, when it was one of the leading bands in the world. Longtime fans are loyal to the group, and they are priced accordingly.
12. Evanescence still charges a minimum of more than $250,000 per performance.
The band is best-known for lead singer Amy Lee, who had a couple of hits in the early 2000's. The goth-metal band still charges a ton of money for a performance, though.
13. Ben Harper still garners around $300,000 per appearance.
Harper's been around the music industry for more than 20 years, but hasn't had a hit in years. He's lent his voice to activism instead of singing, but his appearance fee doesn't reflect that.
14. Keanu Reeves is listed in the range of $250,000 to $350,000 per appearance.
Reeves' career reached its peak after he starred in the "Matrix" series. Maybe his success as an internet meme contributed to his high booking fee.
15. Kevin Federline expects more than $300,000.
The former Mr. Britney Spears has a very high fee. For the same price, you could get Leonardo DiCaprio.
16. Sarah McLachlan also charges between $250,000 and $350,000 per appearance.
The Canadian singer had her heyday back in the 1990's. She's produced music since then, but nothing with a lot of commercial success.
17. Hilary Duff charges a minimum of $500,000.
As a teen, Duff starred in the Disney series "Lizzie McGuire" and a few movies. She also had a few successful albums a decade ago. Since then, Duff has focused on writing books and raising a young son.
18. New Kids On The Block charge $500,000 per appearance.
The boy band, which sold 80 million records in the 1980's and 1990's, but then fell out of the public eye. The original members still perform together.