Yesterday marked the launch of LEGO's latest video game, LEGO Lord of the Rings! LEGO released a launch trailer to celebrate the release (which can be viewed alongside this article). It is now available on US consoles, including Xbox 360, PC, and Playstation 3. A PC demo is also available for free download here.
Here's a list of major game features:
- Explore all of the open-world of Middle-earth and experience epic battles with Orcs, Uruk-hai, the Balrog, the Witch-king, and other fearsome creatures.
- Wield the power of the Palantír or Seeing-stone (?one that looks far-away?), and jump between multiple storylines.
- Experience the LEGO The Lord of the Rings heroes come to life in an all new way with the minifig characters delivering the dialogue from the films.
- Discover and unlock over more than 60 playable characters, including Frodo, Aragorn, Gandalf, and many others.
- Collect and use a variety of weaponry and magical items, including the Light of Earendil, Elven rope, swords, and bows.
Warner Bros. has updated players on the situation with a recall issue, saying that while the discs were marked as demos, they were actually fully playable versions.Unfortunately, alongside the long-awaited launch of LEGOLOTR came an unexpected error. Apparently, after some players purchased their copy of the game, they opened the packages to discover discs marked as demos, rather than full game versions.
The statement reads:
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is recalling a small number of LEGO The Lord of the Rings video games that were released for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft to Walmart, Target and Toys 'R' Us in the United States with a disc labeling error. The discs in question are incorrectly labeled as demo discs, but those discs do contain the full game content and are fully functional. This error does not affect any other formats of the game. We are in the process of remanufacturing the discs and will get them to the stores as soon as possible. Consumers who purchased a copy of the Xbox 360 version of the game with the disc labeling error can contact customer support via email email@example.com or phone at 410-568-3680 for a replacement disc.
This game is so cute and awesome and will tide all of us LOTR Fans until next month