On the fashion front, the 2012 Video Music Awards have been a night of surprises. Rihanna debuted an angelic pixie cut, complemented by a simple but sexy white gown, Pink‘s body looked bananas in a tight Stella McCartney frock and America’s favorite gymnasts flaunted their fashion sense, each in their own cute mini dress. Peek our Top 10 Best Dressed below… well…22 if you count each member of One Direction, The Wanted and the Fierce Five.
10. Much less colorful than their 1D counterparts, The Wanted looked like rockstars
9. Rupaul was laid back yet chic in salmon pants, a white blazer and matching white sandals
8. Demi Lovato looked darling in a sequined dress from TopShop, a leather jacket and black booties.
7. Rashida Jones was the definition of nerd chic/HOT
6. Zoe Saldana was sweet and simple in a blush Salvatore Ferragamo long-sleeved mini
5. Gold medal-laden gymnasts McKayla Maroney, Jordyn Wieber, Kyla Ross, Gabby Douglas and Aly Raisman looked playful and darling
4. We're suckers for One Direction's perfectly coordinated but not matchy-matchy style (tight skinny jeans and all)
3. Emma Watson looked as charming as ever in a Peter Pilotto knit dress
2. Pink rocked her toned bod in a full-length but very fitted Stella McCartney gown
1. Rihanna stunned with her freshly cropped 'do and knot-detailed backless white gown