"We're so happy to hear that some stars are going to William and Kate's royal wedding.
Even though President and Mrs. Obama are not on the list of 1,900 lucky folks, David Beckham and his wife Victoria are said to have made the cut. Of course the palace isn't going to confirm anything, but The Telegraph says the couple got an invitation, largely because David worked with Prince William on England's 2018 World Cup bid.
And Kate likes Victoria's clothing designs. During Fashion Week in New York, Victoria said she was sending some dresses to Middleton. "Apparently, she likes my clothes and has asked to see a selection," Victoria told The Telegraph. "It will be from my current spring/summer collection."
The Today show reported this morning that Kanye West and Elton John are also expected to get invitations, and we hope they do so we can see them in their morning coats.
The official Prince of Wales website confirms "the groups" that have been invited to the wedding:
• Members of The Royal Family and their friends
• Members of the Middleton Family and their friends
• Friends of Prince William and Miss Middleton
• Members of Foreign Royal Families
• Representatives from the Defence Services
• Representatives from Prince William's patronages
• Representatives from the Church and other faiths
• Members of the Government, Parliament and Devolved Administrations
• Members of the Diplomatic Corps
• Governors-General and Prime Ministers from the Realms
• Members of the Royal Household
The site also says that of the 1,900 people invited to the service, only "around 600" have been invited to the lunchtime reception at Buckingham Palace given by the queen. And "around 300 people" have been invited to the dinner at Buckingham Palace given by the Prince of Wales."